[alberg30] Cruising spinnakers and such

Bob Lincoln lincoln at cc.UManitoba.CA
Wed Feb 9 08:46:35 PST 2000

From: "Bob Lincoln" <lincoln at cc.UManitoba.CA>

I had a great drifter from North Sails which I used while
singlehanding and racing my T26.  Better than poling out a
genoa and running wing on wing.  With the drifter on an
adjustable pendant you can manage it fairly well from the
cockpit.  I will say that boat speed was best when running
off the stern quarter, not downwind.  You can carry it
longer as the wind moves forward than a regular spinnaker,
just pull the pendant down and you have a rather baggy
genoa.  You don't need a turtle to collapse it.  You still
need to prepare things in advance and think your sail
changes through.
Bob Lincoln
Indigo#590