[alberg30] Need help with spreaders

David Swanson zira at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 18 18:12:28 PST 2000

From: David Swanson <zira at mindspring.com>

Hello -

I am preparing to pull the mast on Strayaway Child #229 (1967) and
replace the spreaders.  The boat had home-made spreaders of aluminum
with oak (?) bases, and they may or may not be the correct length.  They
angled slightly forward. which I am sure is not correct.  I replaced
them with some I made out of aluminum tubing but I am still not
satisfied with the results.

Do any of you know of some one in Annapolis or elsewhere who can
manufacture spreaders?  Does anyone have a drawing or set of dimensions
that I could send to a company that makes them?

Thanks in advance.

dls
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229