[alberg30] Need help with spreaders

Christopher Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Tue Jan 18 20:13:07 PST 2000

From: Christopher Sousa <jsss at net1plus.com>

David,

If you contact Metal Mast in Putnam, Ct they can fabricate spreaders to
meet your needs. The rake should be toward the stern which is very
slight. Within a day I can provide the exact measurements for the wooden
spreaders that came with the Alberg, I have the original spreaders
tucked away that were used as templates when the new replacements were
fabricated from white oak.

Stephen Sousa
Carina Vela

David Swanson wrote:

> From: David Swanson <zira at mindspring.com>
>
> Hello -
>
> I am preparing to pull the mast on Strayaway Child #229 (1967) and
> replace the spreaders.  The boat had home-made spreaders of aluminum
> with oak (?) bases, and they may or may not be the correct length.  They
> angled slightly forward. which I am sure is not correct.  I replaced
> them with some I made out of aluminum tubing but I am still not
> satisfied with the results.
>
> Do any of you know of some one in Annapolis or elsewhere who can
> manufacture spreaders?  Does anyone have a drawing or set of dimensions
> that I could send to a company that makes them?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> dls
> Strayaway Child
> Alberg 30 #229

>     GRAB THE GATOR! FREE SOFTWARE DOES ALL THE TYPING FOR YOU!

Sign up for eLerts at: