[alberg30] Addendum to 66 ALBERG 30

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 01:15:39 PST 2000

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

In a message dated 1/18/00 11:43:39 AM Eastern Standard Time, dai at pdq.net
writes:

> The boat does have serious cosmetic problems, which, from what I can see,
> just
>  replacing topside would and refinishing along with a complete wordwork job
>  below would amount to a grand or so from what I can tell.
I don't know what you have in mind, but it this seems like a serious
underestimation of the cost of the work you name.If by "replacing topside
wood" you mean the toerails, handrails coaming and hatches, think 5 to 8
grand minimum, probably more and if by"complete woodwork job below" you mean
refinishing all the interior wood, I would thing 2 or 3 grand in labor. Never
underestimate the cost of boat-related, labor intensive work. Even if you
intend to do it yourself, you'll pay in sweat and tears and postponed
pleasure and it should come off the price as if it were being done by a yard.
Best of luck,
Paul
Ashwagh #23