[alberg30] (no subject) - more.....on the 66 A30

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Sat Jan 22 09:30:58 PST 2000

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

In a message dated 1/22/00 1:19:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, Rap1208 at aol.com
writes:

<< From: Rap1208 at aol.com

 One other suggestion, on older boats there was no sea hood, on the front of
 the sliding hatch, and sometimes a big wave floods the cabin top, and runs
 below.  The cure is a piece of door sweep, plastic and metal.  Drill small
 holes to take brass wood screws. and screw it in place. Make sure it has a
 little curve to it, for a good seal.  trim to fit the sides as close as you
 can.  Stops almost al the water. Very cheap cure.

 Russ

Hi Russ,
As usual, a very practical solution from you!!!
One of the things I was going to ask Wm. Boyle besides the question about the
availability of the plans,was if he had the molds for the sea hood, and if he
sold them seperately.  255 is of the older design, built without the sea
hood, and I thought I could retro-fit one, if they were readily available.
I've seen nice wooden ones built on otherr boats,, though they must be heavy,
or not as strong as the glass ones.  Your door sweep idea would be a very
easy fix, though of course a real sea hood will be sliightly more effective
in keeping water out of the cabin when the going gets rough, or someone gets
sloppy with the hose!!!
As Mr. Boyle never got back to me (did he return anyone else's call?) I guess
I'm on my own.
regards,
Lee
Stargazer #255