[alberg30] Sea Hoods

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Mon Jan 24 06:58:03 PST 2000

From: Tom Sutherland <sutherlandt at prodigy.net>

Alan ... I had the very same concerns as you but finally just bit the
bullet and removed the Sea Hood. It turned out to be pretty simple
project and I felt good about cleaning out all of the dirt and ect.
which had built up over the years. Also, I am told that it is good to
rebed everything after so much time. (30 years in the case of #412)

Tom S
A30  #412
InCahoots

"Alan P. Kefauver" wrote:

> From: "Alan P. Kefauver" <apk2 at home.com>
>
> Sea Hood must have been an option, as Andante#152 sold in 1965 has
> one.
>
> Speaking of Sea Hoods, how do you remove the sliding hatch without
> removing the Sea Hood? I removed the metal fingers that fit under the
> track, but something is still holding the hatch in the back, and I
> can't see what it is. Can't reach anything either. I don't want to
> have to remove the Sea Hood and reinstall (rebed etc.) unless
> absolutely necessary when I replace the hatch.
> Alan
>
> On 1/22/2000 at 1:18 AM Rap1208 at aol.com wrote:
>
> >From: Rap1208 at aol.com
> >
> >One other suggestion, on older boats there was no sea hood, on the
> front of
> >the sliding hatch, and sometimes a big wave floods the cabin top, and
> runs
> >below.  The cure is a piece of door sweep, plastic and metal.  Drill
> small
> >holes to take brass wood screws. and screw it in place. Make sure it
> has a
> >little curve to it, for a good seal.  trim to fit the sides as close
> as you
> >can.  Stops almost al the water. Very cheap cure.
> >
> >Russ
> >
> >--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor
> >
> >    GRAB THE GATOR! FREE SOFTWARE DOES ALL THE TYPING FOR YOU!
> >Tired of filling out forms and remembering passwords? Gator fills in
> >forms and passwords with just one click! Comes with $50 in free
> coupons!

>                           [ONElist Sponsor]
>               Please click above to support our sponsor

Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?
You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it.  Sign
up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation.