[alberg30] Sea Hood Idea

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Sat Jan 22 17:18:33 PST 2000

From: Tom Sutherland <sutherlandt at prodigy.net>

Lee ... As I was reading your post it occurred to me that you might be
able borrow a fiberglass sea hood from a fellow Alberger and use it to
make your  own mold. I removed the sea hood from # 412 about a year ago
and I can't help but think that this would be quite possible. ....Has
anyone ever tried this ?

Tom S
A30  #412

FINNUS505 at aol.com wrote:

> Hi Russ,
> As usual, a very practical solution from you!!!
> One of the things I was going to ask Wm. Boyle besides the question
> about the
> availability of the plans,was if he had the molds for the sea hood,
> and if he
> sold them seperately.  255 is of the older design, built without the
> sea
> hood, and I thought I could retro-fit one, if they were readily
> available.
> I've seen nice wooden ones built on otherr boats,, though they must be
> heavy,
> or not as strong as the glass ones.  Your door sweep idea would be a
> very
> easy fix, though of course a real sea hood will be sliightly more
> effective
> in keeping water out of the cabin when the going gets rough, or
> someone gets
> sloppy with the hose!!!
> As Mr. Boyle never got back to me (did he return anyone else's call?)
> I guess
> I'm on my own.
> regards,
> Lee
> Stargazer #255
>                           [ONElist Sponsor]
>               Please click above to support our sponsor

Sign up for eLerts at: