[alberg30] Sea Hood Idea

Joyce Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Sun Jan 23 05:40:13 PST 2000

From: Joyce Sousa <jsss at net1plus.com>

Tom,

Great idea and this is an option. Making a mold from a sea hood should be
quite easy once it is available it could be passed to other Alberg owners.
Does anyone have a seahood that has been removed and not in use?

Stephen Sousa
Carina Vela

Tom Sutherland wrote:

> From: Tom Sutherland <sutherlandt at prodigy.net>
>
> Lee ... As I was reading your post it occurred to me that you might be
> able borrow a fiberglass sea hood from a fellow Alberger and use it to
> make your  own mold. I removed the sea hood from # 412 about a year ago
> and I can't help but think that this would be quite possible. ....Has
> anyone ever tried this ?
>
> Tom S
> A30  #412
>
> FINNUS505 at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Hi Russ,
> > As usual, a very practical solution from you!!!
> > One of the things I was going to ask Wm. Boyle besides the question
> > about the
> > availability of the plans,was if he had the molds for the sea hood,
> > and if he
> > sold them seperately.  255 is of the older design, built without the
> > sea
> > hood, and I thought I could retro-fit one, if they were readily
> > available.
> > I've seen nice wooden ones built on otherr boats,, though they must be
> > heavy,
> > or not as strong as the glass ones.  Your door sweep idea would be a
> > very
> > easy fix, though of course a real sea hood will be sliightly more
> > effective
> > in keeping water out of the cabin when the going gets rough, or
> > someone gets
> > sloppy with the hose!!!
> > As Mr. Boyle never got back to me (did he return anyone else's call?)
> > I guess
> > I'm on my own.
> > regards,
> > Lee
> > Stargazer #255
> >                           [ONElist Sponsor]
> >               Please click above to support our sponsor

> Sign up for eLerts at:

Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?
You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it.  Sign
up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation.