[alberg30] Sea Hood Idea

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 14:33:18 PST 2000

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

In a message dated 1/22/00 8:19:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sutherlandt at prodigy.net writes:

<< From: Tom Sutherland <sutherlandt at prodigy.net>

 Lee ... As I was reading your post it occurred to me that you might be
 able borrow a fiberglass sea hood from a fellow Alberger and use it to
 make your  own mold. I removed the sea hood from # 412 about a year ago
 and I can't help but think that this would be quite possible. ....Has
 anyone ever tried this ?

 Tom S
 A30  #412

Hi Tom,
That is a good suggestion, but if it comes to that, I'll make one of wood.
With solid teak sides, a teak plywood top, and ribs across the top,
athwartships, as you can see on many older scandinavian boats hatches, it
should be strong enough, and will be beautiful.
Thx,
Lee