[alberg30] Wheel steering for sale

Guy Lalonde lalondegc at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 16 17:43:29 PDT 2000

My Alberg 30 had wheel steering on it and I have decided to go for tiller steering instead.

As a result I am putting my wheel steering pedestal assembly up for sale. It was fully functional on my A30 until I removed it a few weeks ago.

The brand name is Cinkel Steering. It includes the pedestal assembly, the wheel (of course) and a pedestal guard. It has two levers, one for the throttle and one for the gear box. It has a wheel locking mechanism. There is an idler plate under the pedestal with two sheaves. There are two 90 degree brackets (that mount inside the cockpit lockers), each with a sheave, that mount through a pipe (runs under the cockpit sole) that also acts as a rudder stop. And there is a quadrant that mounts onto the rudder shaft assembly. A large chain with steel cables mounted on each end sits on a sprocket on the wheel shaft, the steel cables run through the sheaves and are attached to the quadrant.

This is what is called a quadrant type steering system.

There is no binnacle mounted compass. There are 2 of the 4 pedestal bolts missing (had to cut them off to remove the pedestal because they were seized). The engine control cables are not included because they are specific to my Volvo Pento 2002.

Asking price is $300 US or best offer + shipping & handling (from Ottawa, Ontario Canada). Any customs fees (if applicable) are at the buyer`s expense.

If interested please send me a private e-mail at lalondegc at videotron.ca

I have scanned literature about the system (maintenance guide & installation instructions) and I should soon have some digital photos which can be sent out by e-mail for additional information.

Guy