[alberg30] Chlorination of Ship's Fresh Water-things not to do

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Tue Jul 11 09:07:47 PDT 2000

Joe .... This question was recently covered on the "Liveaboard List"
and  Bleach was left in over night and then rinsed with white vinegar.
The vinegar was then flushed out with fresh water. I believe the vinegar
was to remove the bleach residue. I have not personally tried this.

Tom S
A30  #412

alberg30 wrote:

> After draining the tank several times, giving it a scrubbing--as much
> as
> was accessible- and then treating with Clorox beach, I am wondering
> what
> else I should be doing to try and fix this mess. I have circulated the
>
> new bleach water through the system, and will be installing a carbon
> filter soon enough. Any rule on how long to keep the bleach or
> chlorine
> in the tank? Do I get a test kit and just keep testing-and purging
> with
> chemicals? With the addition of chemicals in the water system, can I
> reverse the effects of this mold-growing crisis?
>
> Thanks for your help;
>
> Joe #499
> "One Less Traveled"

Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the rescue.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6137/10/_/476031/_/963332528/