[alberg30] Andante sails!

Charles Haggart chaggart at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 7 20:11:50 PDT 2000

Alan;

Two things.

1
The water up the rudder shaft. I had the same problem, apparently it is
common in the older boats, Under power at hull speed there was a fountain
pouring into the cockpit. I popped the plate off the mount where the shaft
come through into the cockpit and I placed TWO O rings over the shaft. I
worked them down below the mount. I put the plate back on and it stopped 98%
of the water. It was originally as a stop gap but I haven't touched it
since. The O ring material was quite light as there is little play between
the shaft and the rudder tube.

2
I too have a Sherwood Brass Pump. They must have been installing them that
week. I am currently trying to source parts from a engine guy in Kingston
On. and if I have any luck I'll let you know.

Glad to here that the Engine is working fine... mine is too.

Charles Haggart # 150

Go to Expedia.com to win airfare to Vegas for you and 20 friends,
$15,000 and a suite at Bellagio for New Year's. Or win 2 roundtrip
tickets anywhere in the U.S. given away daily. Click here for a chance win.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5295/8/_/476031/_/960433931/