[alberg30] Trailers

Bob Lincoln lincoln at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jun 8 10:04:34 PDT 2000

Jack,
My recollection is that last spring I paid about $3800
with taxes.  A Bayfield 29 friend had an extra-heavy
duty trailer built from his son's Autocad design for
about $5000.  They look similar except for the supports
which are much thicker and lower than my cradle.  The
trailer was built by Sokal Industries in Winnipeg, just
outside the perimeter highway.  I had got quotes from
$4-5,000, and several places said they had never built
a boat trailer and wouldn't try it.  I will be moving
the cradle backwards six inches on the trailer this
summer to balance it more and take some weight off the
tongue.
I noticed this winter that the boat is not level if
resting on the keel.  Does anyone know what the slope
is to make it level?
Bob Lincoln
Indigo #590