[alberg30] Trailers

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Thu Jun 8 18:59:41 PDT 2000

Last Spring we took the plunge and paid $3000 for a TRIAD trailer for our
1963 Pearson Electra.  Was it a smart move?  It beats expensive yard
storage in the winter, I can trail our Electra to Canada's Lake Huron in
about six to seven hours, set her up rigged and in the water in two
hours...or take her to Lake Erie in five hours.  Time will tell but if you
expense your trailer out over even 6 years you get a thousand per year, you
can store it in your yard or a nearby woodyard, work on the boat your self
and have the option of trailerability...Over ten years you are at a little
more than $500 per year!
TRIAD trailers are superbly designed and impeccably built, easy to use and
safe to launch...I have received many compliments on the trailer and our
Electra

Scott

Bob Lincoln wrote:

> Jack,
> My recollection is that last spring I paid about $3800
> with taxes.  A Bayfield 29 friend had an extra-heavy
> duty trailer built from his son's Autocad design for
> about $5000.  They look similar except for the supports
> which are much thicker and lower than my cradle.  The
> trailer was built by Sokal Industries in Winnipeg, just
> outside the perimeter highway.  I had got quotes from
> $4-5,000, and several places said they had never built
> a boat trailer and wouldn't try it.  I will be moving
> the cradle backwards six inches on the trailer this
> summer to balance it more and take some weight off the
> tongue.
> I noticed this winter that the boat is not level if
> resting on the keel.  Does anyone know what the slope
> is to make it level?
> Bob Lincoln
> Indigo #590

Old school buds here: