[alberg30] outboard engines

Philippe de Bersuder philippe.de-bersuder at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jun 23 08:52:43 PDT 2000

I think it's difficult to mount an outboard because it will be out of the
water
half of the time even if middle waves, or in the water. But you can try to
find a "long neck"
outboard like the ones for catamarans. Also, think how to start it (need
electric starter) and the command wiring for front/reverse, the gas in the
cockpit and all the joys of outboard... Also an outbord doesn't produce a
lot of electricity and drinks a lot and I'm not sure you can run it in heavy
weather condition or during a long time like possible to do with an inboard
engine.

I have think of that for my world famous Triton "Orion", but looking at all
that finally my stinky and noisy and lovely Yanmar will stay aboard.
See ya, philippe the frenchy