[alberg30] water leaks

John Birch sunstone at idirect.com
Sun Mar 5 09:40:50 PST 2000

We've always used Sikken's 241, now 291.  Taped the area and liberally
applied, tooling it down with a soapy gloved finger to make it neat but
leaving lots of caulking proud.  We over tighten the rig somewhat
beforehand so that when it is backed off the caulk will be under a
little compression.  No leaks in 6 years. DO NOT CAULK INSIDE THOUGH AS
THE WATER COULD LEAK INTO THE CORE WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

Seeing water leaking is a good thing compared to it migrating undetected
into the core.

Cheers,
John,   Sunstone KC-65