[alberg30] Teak Drop Board - Mine are different

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Wed Mar 15 21:42:09 PST 2000

From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>

"T. K. Blanc" wrote:

> From: "T. K. Blanc" <blancs at us.net>
>
> The two boards (louvered and not) are the same size. I'm going to the
> boat tomorrow; I'll measure them. It's the angles of the tops and
> bottoms that will be tricky; where the boards meet, it's close to a 45
> degree camber, but where the bottom board meets the boat it's about half
> that.

Both of my boards are louvered, as were the boards they replaces. I
suppose I don't know if the boards that came with my boat were
"original", sine other teak had been replaced. If you have the ambition,
maqking them both louvered permits greater airflow.

With respect to the angles, the surfaces where the two boards abut is
beveled about 45 degrees on both boards. The top of the top board and
the bottom of the bottom board are not cut 90 degrees, but I think the
angles are quite shallow. If your current board is not a good fit, I'd
suggest that you make a plywood template or in some other manner make
sure that the sangles are right. I can;t get to the board for another
month or so, since the boat is under tarps, but if you still need info
then, I can try to help.

--Dan S.
dans at stmktg.com
#201, 1966, "Watcher of the Skies," Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY

MAXIMIZE YOUR CARD, MINIMIZE YOUR RATE!
Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2122/4/_/476031/_/953185447/