[alberg30] Teak Drop Hatches

T K Blanc blancs at altavista.com
Mon Mar 27 11:32:38 PST 2000

From: T K Blanc <blancs at altavista.com>

George Dinwiddie suggested removing the bolts, unscrewing the big bronze fitting (apparently it's threaded on), and bringing the whole thing to a machine shop to have the cutless pressed out/in. I'm going to try this next time (I've cut the bearing before: it is somehwat difficult to cut the brass bearing sleeve without scarring the bronze fitting).

By the way, what is that bronze fitting called?

On Mon, 27 March 2000, rap1208 at aol.com wrote:

> From: rap1208 at aol.com
>
> Charles
>
> You just want to remove the bearing itself, not the bronze piece.  One method
> is to make a cut in the bearing then collapse it enough to withdraw it with a
> puller.  You maybe able to get it out with a puller alone.  But most of them
> require the cut.  The cutlass bearing is only an inch or two long and fits
> inside the bronze shaft. Don't pound on the bronze shaft.
>
> Russ Pfeiffer

> GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 2.9%
> Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!

For the largest MP3 index on the Web, go to http://mp3.altavista.com

PERFORM CPR ON YOUR APR!
Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2121/5/_/476031/_/954185566/