[alberg30].GPS

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sat May 13 04:43:15 PDT 2000

   I was inquiring about a hand held GPS that made it EASY or at least
not tedious, to enter lat/lon waypoints, which is what I use my older
Magellan NAV 5000 for. Apparently no present GPS has a number/alphabet
pad like my old one and I find it awkward and slow to enter waypoint
lat/lons with, say, the Magellan # 315.

    My BBA Chart Book of the Chesapeake Bay has waypoints marked in
lat/lon for major route intersections, lighthouses, etc. I do not have
any NOAA charts with waypoints marked, though maybe NOAA is beginning to
do that. I have a Jan/00 NOAA strip chart for the ICW and it doesn't....

    Of course you could do it the old-fashioned way and figure the
lat/lon off the chart edge with a ruler and dividers, though having just
done that for marker "3" at the head of the Alligator River, those strip
charts make that a little inconvenient.

                        - Gordon White A-275

Porsche Boxter. You and a friend. Nine dream days from
Napa Valley to Beverly Hills. Provided by CarsDirect.com.
Click to enter.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3993/8/_/476031/_/958218154/