[alberg30] OpSail 2000, New York Harbor

sandersm at aol.com sandersm at aol.com
Thu May 4 13:09:09 PDT 2000

Oh Hell, Lee, don't you get a kick out of riding the peak ebbs and floods
through Hell Gate?  On a good day, you can go faster than the rush-hour
traffic on the FDR Drive!

One caveat to your observations:  You might be able to get away with tying up
at the docks at the South Street Seaport on a slow evening, if you have a
salty-looking vessel.  (I did it once many years ago with the wooden yawl
that was my first boat -- people there thought she was one of the exhibits!)
But the Seaport does not permit docking at its piers, and you can be certain
that you whill be shooed away if you attempt to moor alongside during a busy
weekend, or at any time during the OpSail festivities.

I thought I would be swamped with takers for sharing my OpSail slip, but no
one has stepped forward.  I am paying $4/foot/night, which is $120 for an
A30.  You would spend twice that for a tourist-class hotel room in the City
that week, if you could locate one.  Takers?

Sanders McNew
WILD ELF  # 297

http://click.egroups.com/1/3555/5/_/476031/_/957470965/