[Alberg30] RE: Merriman winches and dripless shaft seal

Hugh Freebairn hughfree at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 6 22:48:23 PST 2001

Ross,

Did you install the green stuffing box material with the boat in the water?
Would it be possible to do so?  I have used the dripless mechanical shaft
seals for over 7 years now on other boats besides my A30 and I have been
very happy with them.  I had to have the boat out to install them and pull
the shaft part way out of the engine coupling to get them on.

Hugh Freebairn "Aliage"