[Alberg30] Re: [Alberg30]Engine Replacement

Keys brozuk at sprynet.com
Sat Jan 13 08:07:47 PST 2001

Hello, we;ve just gotten an Alberg 30 that sank during hurricane Georges. The engine [4A] is scrap and with the boat came with a used Yanmar 30 .  What do ya'll think about the kinds of problems in using and installing this engine. We're planning on tearing out around the engine compartment . It looks like we might have to move the engine forward to get the tranny to clear the sides of the hull.  I haven't got the old engine out but we are hauling the boat today. Thanks ,Bill