[Alberg30] deck core

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Wed Jun 20 05:43:49 PDT 2001

CB,

Have you done any strength analysis of foam insulation?  I doubt it will
strengthen your deck very much.  The klegecell I used is the heaviest
density they offer.  I'm told that lighter densities would not be
suitable for decks.  Foam insulation is formulated without any structural
properties in mind.  I really doubt that it will be rigid enough.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |