[Alberg30] Lazy Jacks

Jacques Dusseault dussual at attglobal.net
Fri Oct 26 14:29:44 PDT 2001

Dear George,

I would be interested in your design and geometry for retractable
lazyjacks.  I have tried the fixed lazyjacks but they caused more
trouble than good so I removed them.  I am planning to design some
retractable ones this winter so any help you can give me would be
appreciated.

Kilwinning #446 (Thousand Islands, Canada)

On 26 Oct 2001, at 16:40, George Dinwiddie wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I don't think I would like non-retractable lazyjacks, due to the
> potental for chafe and for affecting the sailshape and flow of
> air over the main.  I decided to make my own retractable lazy
> jacks.  So far, they're still a bit temporary as I've been
> experimenting with the geometry.  I'm almost happy with them,
> though.
>
> They certaily do help when single-handing.
>
>  - George
>
> > Dave Rutherford said:
> >
> > Greetings, I have joined the list as a potential owner in the
> > future.  I currently own an Alberg22 in Belleville, Ontario.  I
> > noticed some discussions on LazyJacks and since I would like to
> > install a set wondered what the group has found with respect to
> > their mainsail handling capabilities. I do not race and cruise only.
> >  The local rigging shop produces them but they remain up all the
> > time and do not retract to the mast.  Can members tell me if this is
> > ok and if there is much variation in the different units available.
> > I understand Practical Sailor did a comparison a few years ago as
> > well. Thanks very much. I appreciate any advice.
>
> --
>  -
>   George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
>   The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in
>   sailing.                                   http://www.Alberg30.org/
>  -

Jacques Dusseault
President, Synergem Management Inc.
2 de Menton, Gatineau, Québec,
J8T 5M6 CANADA
Phone:(819)561-1268
Cellular: (613) 220-2230
Fax:(819) 561-2361
Email: dussual at attglobal.net
Web Page: http://www.synergem.org

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |