[Alberg30] Alberg 30's near Cape Hatteras?

Scott tristan at one.net
Fri Aug 9 18:59:08 PDT 2002

My wife and I have thought of taking the Swan Island ferry from Ocracoke
Island to Swan Island, I believe it is called...we have always been
curious about Beaufort and Oriental.  Since we are both about 53, we
have kept an eye on Cape Hatteras for retirement, but heard that prices
are better for housing on the mainland.  I am working on my Ph.D. so
that at 55 I can teach for a college or university full-time and would
enjoy sailing in North Carolina, too!

Is the ferry very long in terms of time from Ocracoke to Swan Island?
What is it like moving to the Beaufort area if you are a Northerner?  (I
do have some Charleston, S.C> ancestors way back : )

Scott

David Swanson wrote:

> Scott -
>
> There are several of us across the sound (45 miles or so) around
> Oriental, & Beaufort.  I have seen an A30 in Ocracoke that I was told
> was from Stump Point area, but did not speak to the owners.
>
> David
>
> Scott wrote:
>
> > Are there any Alberg 30 sailors near Cape Hatteras, North
> > Carolina?  I wrote an article in the January 2001 issue of Good
> > Old Boat on Carl Alberg, and while I have had the pleasure of
> > sailing my own Alberg designed Electra and on George Kendall's
> > Alberg 29 (out of Collington Harbor - near Kitty Hawk, Cape
> > Hatteras, North Carolina) I would welcome an opportunity to sail
> > on an Alberg 30, one of my favorite Alberg boats!  We will be
> > vacationing in Frisco, near Hatteras, from Saturday, September 21
> > through Saturday, September 28, this year.  I am currently
> > sailing a little Bluenose 24, a Canadian full keel with quite a
> > bit of forecutaway, and a beautiful sheer!  Designed by Nova
> > Scotia's William Roue, she has some similarities to an Alberg
> > design.
> >
> > Scott Wallace, Bluenose 24

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |