[Alberg30] Re: wiring

Dave Terrell DTERRELL.GWSTAFF.GWNMC at message.nmc.edu
Wed Aug 28 08:37:19 PDT 2002

There is a set of guidelines about what size wire you should use for a given application. The guidelines are related to the round trip length from the panel to the device and back and the amount of current the device draws. Any good book on marine DC electricity should  have a copy of the chart in it. For the record, I went for overkill and used 12 guage wire whenever possible. It cost a little more, but I felt a lot safer with this guage than I would have with narrower wire.

>>> bob at fox.nstn.ca 08/28/02 07:55AM >>>
Hi Gord-

Why is it better to use crimp tools versus soldering connections to the
posts on the panels and other connections?

I'm contemplating a wiring job for next year and would appreciate any
advice such as which wire gage size etc.

Thanks

-bob