[Alberg30] cockpit sole above the waterline

James Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 4 19:39:32 PST 2002

Peter

Not really.  Take a flashlight and look down one of the scuppers, you will see how close yo are to the water.  A right angle bend would also provide an easy way for debris to cork the drain.  At least with a straight shot down to the water you can gently push a dowel down the hole and clear the drain.

On my new boat (non A30) the drains have 90's right under the cockpit and I get an occasional blockage from leaves and occasional chunks of bread from sandwiches.  No where as easy to clear and of course it isn't noticed until it raining like hell and the cockpit is filling.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35