[Alberg30] Drifter advice

greg greg at vandenbergphoto.com
Mon Jan 7 16:30:56 PST 2002

Happy New Year  Group... I find myself needing advice on weather or not
to have a drifter fabricated I am looking for a head sail I can use "on
the wind" if need be and in air to 8 /12 kt's apparent... tops. The mid
summer condition I find myself in so many times. When I brought the
subject up... the sail rep. tried to steer me into making a spinnaker
(all be it a very flat asymmetrical spinnaker) for my purpose and giving
me the impression... in modern terms what I wanted was this and not the
drifter. I already have a reaching spinnaker not as flat as he describes
and still thing what I want is a drifter.  I also don't want to make a
frivolous purchase. Please advise.

Greg