[Alberg30] mainsheet

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Fri Jun 14 03:45:06 PDT 2002

I wanted to follow up on George's comment on length.
Last year I outfitted my 2nd alberg Daybreak with a new main sheet rig. I
purchased a 4-1 block and tackle I assembled myself from bacons.  Using
Ronstan blocks I spent approx $200 (can't remember altogether) but purchased
only about 60 feet of line for the sheet. All in all the rig worked great
however the boom does not go out far enough.  I would suggest going with the
100, It will make it much more comfortable on the run.

A note on Ronstan: Do not feel you have to purchase the overpriced quality
of Harken It is definitely the biggest and best selling manufacturer in the
world. However ronstan and others like scheaffer (SP?) provide arguablebly
equivalent equipment. Some suggest that the jams on ronstan actually hold
better and grip quicker than harken. All I can say I have owned both and
have broken more harken blocks than I can remember. I am also tend on the
cheap and other equipment does the same job for a few bucks less.

C.B. Currier
Infinity #57
Daybreak #458