[Alberg30] Advice on Restoring Gunwhales, Lazarettes, Hatches

Bob Chambers BlueDolphin at rivnet.net
Mon Jun 24 09:54:45 PDT 2002

I cannot speak too highly of Armada Gloss for the exterior teak.  Armada is made by some ex-cetol people and I feel is a slightly superior product.  Better color and more of natural wood grain comes through.  Have had on my boat for three years now in tropic sun and much of it still looks good.  I DO NOT sand between coats, to the contrary, you want as much buildup as possible.  I put on four coats.  In theory, one maintenance coat each year after washing well will preserve it.  I just got lazy so now after three years, I will sand down and re-do.  Still, it is far easier than varnish and looks almost as good.  Also, you can touch up if you get a ding unlike varnish.

Bob Chambers