[Alberg30] Advice on Restoring Gunwhales, Lazarettes, Hatches

Hansen, Richard LTC OF-TF Richard.Hansen at hqda.army.mil
Mon Jun 24 11:12:36 PDT 2002

Thanks Bob.  I'll save for future reference, and I promise to incite the
"Wood Finish" debate once I'm done with prep.  What I'm really after now is
recommendations on the ease of removing/reinstalling the teak, except for
toe rail (I'll leave that and restore in place).  While most exterior teak
pieces look easy to remove & reinstall (toe rail excluded), I'd hate learn
that assembly is 10 times more difficult than reassembly.  Looking for
encouragement that most average, weekend, do-it-yourselfers can remove and
reinstall teak without compounding problems.  Or looking for prudent
warnings that I'd better leave teak in place...that the nook-and-cranny
sanding effort is far less than the remove-reinstall effort.  Will apply the
Millionaire show technique, Ask the Audience.