[Alberg30] Another Hull Problem

EddieDiver at aol.com EddieDiver at aol.com
Fri Mar 29 17:13:53 PST 2002

I also have a hull problem on hull #303. Previous owners had taken out the
Atomic 4 and installed a Westerbeke diesel. I would like to be able to get at
the thru hull valves for the 2 cockpit drains that are aft of the engine. I
would also want to be able to service the stuffing box on the prop shaft.
There is very little room to go over the top of the engine and I would not
want to do it in an emergency if the engine were hot.

The port and starboard lazerette lockers have walls that extend down,
unbroken, from the underside of the cockpit seats to the hull. Would there be
a problem, structurally, if one were to cut a 18" wide by 24" high opening in
the port wall? Has anyone done it or is there an alternative? Ed. Schroeder
 | Get in gear for an early Spring with SailNet's ten percent discount |
 |  *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 ***  |