[Alberg30] Re: Yanmar 2GM20 props

Neal Jackson NJackson at npr.org
Mon Mar 11 08:29:19 PST 2002

I have the 2GMF Yanmar engine (already on the boat when I installed it in
1993) and a 13 inch three-blade prop (don't know the pitch) and it will kick
me along at 6-7 knots in a calm, and nearly as well with a moderate breeze
in your face.

I do not race the boat, but there is no noticeable noise or vibration while
under sail.  The only negative is that the Yanmar is not the most quiet
engine when it is operating (though the noise under way is definitely
tolerable).  But she has never had the wrench on her, at least since I have
had the boat.

Neal Jackson
PEREGRINE
No. 486