[Alberg30] barrier bottom protection

Carl Clarkstone oracle_29 at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 20:32:45 PDT 2002

As an ex Cat 27 owner who had blisters I would say yes.
You are right, if you miss this oportunity you will kick yourself later,
make sure you document the condition of the hull with pictures and write
down what you found and what you did.
Its what I would want if  bought your boat in a few years.
Good luck.
Carl

>From: J Bergquist <j at ship.saic.com>
>To: public-list at alberg30.org
>Subject: [Alberg30] barrier bottom protection
>Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 14:42:56 -0400
>
>I am in the process of preparing my bottom for going into the water, and I
>am wondering if it is worth my time and money to sand all the way down to
>original gelcoat and do a barrier coat of some epoxy-based paint in order
>to ensure that the bottom will be well protected. The boat has been out of
>the water for 2 years, so I know that the whole hull is totally dry. There
>is a part of me that says this is a great opportunity which I won't have
>again in the near future (since I plan to keep the boat in the water at
>least 9 months per year), and that I should take advantage of it. However,
>there is another part of me that says 'if she doesn't have blisters after
>36 years, she's probably not going to get them in another 20 years'. Does
>anybody have any advice, experience, or opinions on this subject?
>
>Thanks
>
>J Bergquist
>Calliope #287

 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |