[Alberg30] dropping the mast...

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Sat Oct 19 15:41:29 PDT 2002

Well Bill,
If you are in the annapolis area there is an A frame you can borrow. Or you
can use a gin pole. either way the fram must reach to the spreaders where the
approximate center of gravity is on the mast. Lift the mast then walk it down
using a block & tackle to lower. Swing the butt aftward. simple process that
works really well.

C.B. Currier
Infinity #57
Daybreak #458

On Saturday 19 October 2002 04:08 pm, you wrote:
> Hi Bill!
>
> Didn't Yves Gelinas come up with a clever way to drop the mast on
> "Jean du Sud"? Maybe someone else knows the trick, because I'd love to
> learn it myself!
>
> FF
> Nisus
 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |