[Alberg30] Cutlass bearing removal

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Fri Apr 25 17:58:25 PDT 2003

Mike,

I followed your advice to remove the cutlass bearing housing, stern tube and
shaft, and the cutlass bearing, and it all worked out as you said. Thx.!!!!!

The cutless bearing that I took out was not just drilled out for the vents,
but rectangular sections of the bearing were cut out, from the vents forward
to the for end of the bearing. Is there any advantage to this? I would think
that by removing so much of the bearing, it would effect the stability of the
shaft. What size hole do you drill in the bearing at the vents? Is there a
particular brand of cutlass bearing I should buy to replace the one I have?

Thx,
Lee