[Alberg30] Faraday's cage lightning protection

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Thu Aug 21 13:25:13 PDT 2003

Boat US claims that it's more likely that sailors will hit a power line than
be struck by a bolt of lightning while on board.

Though they want sailboats to be grounded for lightning protection, they
would rather them NOT be grounded when hitting live power lines.

(They don't "deduct" for non-grounding when quoting you for insurance.)

Bill Blevins
Sabrina #158
http://mysailingphotos.com