[Alberg30] Butane & BBQ.

Maggie Ross nauticallyyours-maggie at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 27 08:05:38 PDT 2003

Bill Blevins, "Sabrina" #158 wrote:
>We now only cook with the portable stove it in the cockpit. It perks coffee twice as fast as watching the pot sit on the grill, especially if there is any breeze. (Makes sense to me because the pot sits about a 1/2 inch from the flame on the Butane stove.

The Butane is fast but keeping the heat outside is our objective, so we only use it inside if the weather dictates it.

The kettle style BBQ that we use is designed for the grill and heat diffuser to be removed, allowing the pot to be set close to the flame and recessed a couple of inches below the level of where the grill sits. This method provides some security for the pot and the BBQ lid can be positioned around the lip to help reduce the wind. So far it has worked well. We'll be giving it extended field testing during our vacation.

Maggie,
Strathgowan, #400.