[Alberg30] Sea Scout

Charles Haggart chaggart at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 15 16:33:22 PDT 2003

Hi Guys:

Michael I knew what you were talking about and I responded but under a
different subject heading it went like this:

 "I thought when I bought my Alberg that a re-power to Diesel was in the
cards, but after 4 years of the Grey Marine I just can't make a case for
it. This engine is reliable and solid. I love it.

Charles Haggart #150"

A few weeks after I bought the boat the guy I bought it from phoned me
up and asked me when I was going to come over and get the spare engine
out of his garage. He never told me he had one when I bought the boat. I
picked it up and now it sits in my garage. I use it for practice. I
replaced the thrust bearing and transmission seals over the winter and
this spring I replaced a rusted out frost plug sitting right behind the
fly wheel. In both cases I used the spare engine to practice on.

Now the engine runs beautifully and it is perfect and when I buy my A37
I want a Diesel. go figure.

Charles Haggart # 150