[Alberg30] Rudder

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Tue Jun 10 03:29:08 PDT 2003

>I don't know what is between the side of the gugeon-- is it solid and if so
instead of screws I could bolt from side to side--On #220 There is a
considerable amount of wood all in that area. I was concerned about losing
the bottom shoe and ran a fairly large lag bolt up from the bottom-the drill
found wood there, anyway. In any case there is something solid there-I don't
think you have to worry about watertight integrity-just 1. getting the hole
to line up with the tangs on the gudgeon-they are not parrallel 2. fairing
the nut.

>do the screws go across into itself like the middle or  into something
solid in the bottom of the keel
They go into some sort of threaded sleeve. It has been reworked on mine; I
don't know what was original.

Michael