[Alberg30] Mast Step

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Wed Jun 11 18:09:42 PDT 2003

Mine is not connected permanantly to the mast at all at the moment. Maybe one day I'll put a bolt through the mast and foot, but it's just resting on the raised portion at the moment. The shrouds hold it down and if a few of them go at the same time, a half-inch bolt wouldn't keep it standing anyway.

http://mysailingphotos.com/Members/Sabrina/Albums/Maintenance/BoomMastPhotos?b_start:int=10

My thought on this was that in the fall of 2004 I'd redo the whole foot from scratch and consider building one with a hinge. This will (or should) get me through until then. I think my repair was $40.

Bill Blevins
"Sabrina" #158