[Alberg30] Deck Pipe installation

Gordon LACO mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Mar 4 12:59:28 PST 2003

on 3/4/03 3:30 PM, bill at ydelco.com at bill at ydelco.com wrote:

> I would like install a Deck Pipe for my anchor chain and rode. I know that I
> need to seal the core of the deck in some way and want to do the job
> correctly.
>
> Could someone please give me some step by step guidance.
> Also has anyone lined the hull in the bow with the snap together rubber
> floor covering to keep the chain from banging against the bare hull.
>
> Bill Ydel
> SallyB #441
> .
>

> +=============================================================================
> =========+
> |     New England Ropes on Sale;  EXAMPLE: 1/2 inch Sta-Set only 51 cents per
> foot     |
> |
> http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066&p=store/item.cfm?pid
> =25719 |

Hi there -

Here's how I did it... cut the hole with a hole saw (the piece that came out
is on my desk now)  I smeared 3M 5200 over the exposed balsa; mounded the
chain pipe with generous 5200 bedding.

I intended to do the mat idea to silence the chain but found that it seems
to lie down low enough that it doesn't move (yet).  I have 140' of 5/16" BBB
chain up there on one side and 200' of nylon on the other.  I lead the nylon
up on deck through the cowl vent.  The weight is not great but the
convenience overshadows that.

Gord
#426 Surprise