[Alberg30] Lake Ont. PHRF

Gordon LACO mainstay at csolve.net
Thu May 15 07:40:43 PDT 2003

on 5/15/03 8:26 AM, Larry Morris at larmor at myexcel.com wrote:

> It is easy for you to say that one design is the only way to go, because in
> Annapolis there is a choice.  It did not sound to me like they have a Alberg
> 30 one design class in the northern great lakes.
>
> I say get out their and bash it around with your local fleet and have some
> fun.  Chances are they have an established rating for the local racing
> conditions.
>

> Fair Winds
>
> Larry Morris
> Solstice #501

Hello Larry -

Yes - I agree... while a one-design fleet is ideal there just ain't one
here.  I am quite used to taking on boats half my weight from my Folkboat
days years ago.

There is a particular delicious pleasure in defeating "modern" boats when
conditions allow my old, narrow, heavy boat to shine - then taking the
rating handicap to really grind them down.  Kinda like Ghengis Khan said...
"true happiness is defeating your enemies, riding his horses and listening
to the lamenting of his women". Or something like that.

Gord

#426 Surprise