[Alberg30] Thru Hulls

Bob Chambers BlueDolphin at rivnet.net
Thu May 22 09:32:43 PDT 2003

Dick, I totally concur with Pat Drenning's comments.  While some boats do
combine the water INTAKES into a water box or distribution box, the
advantage of combining with scupper hoses escapes me.  I would only see a
huge disadvantage of air entering the 'system' and the engine not getting
water at all.  In case it makes you feel any better, I have 16 thru-hulls on
my Whitby 42!  There were 13 when I bought the boat and I added 3 more for
air conditiioning, a generator and a water maker.  The aft head sink happens
to 'T' into a scupper drain and I am considering changing this making it a
total of 17 thru hulls.

My two cents worth

Bob Chambers