[Alberg30] overheating

Patty Johnson patty5555 at webtv.net
Wed Nov 19 07:09:09 PST 2003

I had an overheating problem with my atomic 4 once and tracked the
problem to two places...the thermostat housing (no thermostat however
because of raw water intake) and the exhaust manifold.  Salt had
crystalized in it clogging it up.  I took copper wire (only thing on
hand at the time) and dug around in the housing and the manifold then
cranked the engine briefly to see if I got raw water through and voila
lot's of crud came spewing out the manifold.  Rehooked the exhaust and
took her out for a spin leaving a sooty looking trail behind me.

Patty
Mobile Bay, AL
Timbuktu