[Alberg30] Questions:

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sun Nov 16 06:44:58 PST 2003

John Birch wrote:

> The cracks appear minor and are stress cracks due to the sharp angles found
> at the corners at the deck cabin interphase. If you feel they are cracked to
> the point of letting moisture into the balsa then they should be repaired.

Adding to that, you'll probably have to open the thinner cracks up a bit
to repair them.  Use a sharpened church-key or a very small grinder bit
on a dremel tool.  I like using the dremel tool for cleaning up chipped
areas before repairing, too.

I tend to use an epoxy or polyester paste (either thickened with glass
beads) to fill in areas, but I'm painting the entire area, anyway.
Polyester won't hold in really small areas, as it depends on a
mechanical rather than chemical grip.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.