[Alberg30] Boat Names - Encore

Gordon LACO mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Sep 22 07:39:03 PDT 2003

My wife and I have a theory about fenders on motor boats and about "radar
arches" as well.

Clearly the fenders out is an extension of the old habit of displaying
wealth that exists in many cultures.... who knows how many fenders you have
unless they are out there? The puzzler is how the fetish became centred on
fenders.  Perhaps it is related to the tulip bulb frenzy that hit Holland in
the 1600's.

Radar arches are clearly a manifestation of penis envy toward sailing craft
- no mystery there.

Gord
#426 Surprise