[Alberg30] Boat Names - Encore

John Bailey baileyje at voyager.net
Mon Sep 22 08:10:05 PDT 2003

>"Zevulun" is named after a lost tribe of Israel.  At least, that's
what I've discovered so far.  They probably weren't lost, they just
went sailing in the Dead Sea and became, well, "dead."  At any rate if
I keep Zevulun, which is up for sale, I'm going to rename the
boat "Njord" after the Norse god of wind and sea.  Njord had women
problems.  He was married to the Norse goddess of the mountains.  She
didn't like the sea and he didn't like heights.  They ended up
separating.  My name, Bailey, is derived from the Norse "Bailleou."
I've been through 3 divorces.  Carl Alberg was Scandinavian.  All those
things seem to make the name Njord very appropriate.