[Public-list] Sherwood water pump

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Wed Aug 18 07:31:38 PDT 2004

My water pump has a leak just after it mounts to the engine. It is a
Sherwood? pump on a 11hp Universal 5411 diesel. There appear to be two
holes on opposite sides of the shaft near the base (behind the
impeller). The way the pump is mounted, one is nearly on the top and one
is down. I get a near constant drip when the engine is running and water
streams out for a few minutes after I shut it down. I'm thinking I'm
missing some sort of screw that is supposed to be in that hole? I have
never seen water coming out here before. I forgot to take a picture but
thought maybe one of you would know the two little holes I'm talking
about have have a suggestion. I checked the impeller last night and it
was still looking new. I replaced that mid-year last year.

Bill Blevins
'Sabrina' #158