[Public-list] My Rudder is Broke and Needs Fixin

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Sat Dec 18 14:59:31 PST 2004

It's wonderful you have found a rudder shoe!

On my 1967 vintage boat, the rudder stock is attached to the leading edge of
the rudder-it is not really inside. there are (4, I think) some long bolts
that hold the stock to the rudder. they are 1/4" or therabouts slotted flat
head bronze machine bolts. Where to get those, I coulden't tell you. Perhaps
bronze all thread or stock that you thread if worse comes to worse. They
need to be 8-12" long.

Michael